Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Packed house

In the beginning phases of my outline for Timber's story, I naturally had to address one main thing.

He was once a part of a pack before GI Joe (I wouldn't do anything as over-the-top as Cobra creating cloned wolves...). 

So, I had to give them names and personality to match...


First of all Timber's parents


Skookum Tyee (nickname of Scooty), the alpha male

Wildflower, the alpha female

And, his sisters and brothers...


Leloo, the seemingly vain quiet prancer...she is also the most ghost like of her pack.   

Highball, she is the opposite of  Leloo in behavior....wildly active, vocal, and playful, and has an unusual coloring patch of fur that shows her namesake.

Whistle Punk,  the seeming male scout of the pack.


Queen Snipe, the female alpha of the litter.

Itkus, the male runt of the family.  


And Timber makes 6 (and I wasn't seriously attempting to get to that number for the pack...).

I was debating halving a 7th wolf just like the Seven Samurai, and I may still find room (after all I can't lay everything out for any reader that might happen upon this).     If you wonder how I came to the names, The Chinook Native American tribe was close to area where Snake Eyes would eventually come to meet the Timber Wolf of the High Sierras.    As logging is part of the culture within that area, it seemed to make sense to have a balance of those two aspects of the region.

As I am an avid lover of word play, I believe Timbers name has actually two distinct twists.   He has a very unusual but haunting howl (he has timbre),  and that he tends to fell any prey he comes across (which gets him his cult like status among the people, particularly the loggers, around the area). 


More to follow....

No comments:

Post a Comment