Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A howling commando is born...

     As a kid in grade school, I read Jack London's White Fang as part of my curriculum.    I suppose it was always a staple of North American literature classics, and it was one of many books that help stir my creative nature of  writing.     I considered the fact that a writer would try to get into mind of a wolf and write from the animal's perspective as an amazing thing.       I've always wanted to write a more modern take on this classic, but had issue finding a proper ground for a story.     After all, I didn't really want to repeat a classic.   I wanted a spin.  

       Enter the spin through another staple I had as a kid:   G.I. JOE.       I've always being naturally drawn into the partnership that a certain ninja had with a wolf for a brother-in-arms.      It occurred to me that Timber never really had a solo story, never really had an origin beyond his simple fateful meeting with Snake Eyes.   I wanted Timber to be Batman to White Fang's Zorro.

      And, here it was, I found  a proper ground for my wolf story.    A way to place a pack of wolves back into the more modern High Sierras, a way to link it to the crazy background of G.I. Joe.
    A background story, an origin story...


   One that I am building as I write this blog, and then will publish...


Walk in the Path of the Wolf....







No comments:

Post a Comment